Monday, October 20, 2014

WIP: I-Cord Necklace

You don't mind me posting again today, do you? I don't want to give anyone a cardiac arrest or something from the shock.
I've casted on for the offical I-cord necklace project that I have in mind. I'm so excited to see how this is "knitting" up. Yes, I'm one of those knitters who feel the need to quote "knitting" when it comes to "loom knitting." 

This yarn is wonderful. Like I said in the previous post, I've been saving this $12.50 skein of yarn (don't worry, bought it on sale!) for a rainy day. There are only 98 yards to the skein, so it was meant to be a small project. For me.

It's an interesting sort of fiber blend:
52% polyamide, 24% acrylic, 12% mohair, 6% wool.

Yarn: Louisa Harding's Thalia in Eggplant
 Suggested needles: US11
Store: Loopy Yarns in Chicago

I have taken the liberty of posting a parade of photos of this yarn because it's so photogenic. It's gorgeous. I love how the natural fibers poke out of the knit yarn. It even shimmers. :)

This one is so interesting. I love seeing how you can see how the loose fibers are sew together to create this texture.
Sorry, are you "hungry" now? :)
Don't forget to RSVP to  the Halloween Knitting Party on Facebook 10/27!

No comments: