Monday, February 10, 2014

Verdict time

I finally got the chance to slip half of the sweater onto a second circular needle to formulate my verdict for this sweater. As I suspected, the sweater is too large already, and the sleeves are the main culprit.

May the sleeves step up and declare it's innocence?
Just as I suspected. Too large.
From the front view, it pretends to drape nicely. However, the proof is in the pudding, er, back-view photo.
Frogging time. The sleeves have to be reduced, unless puffy sleeves are the fashion again? No? Didn't think so. I'm going to mull over whether or not I like the three panels of lace in the front. I was considering reducing the number (but two might look odd above the bust, and one will look just as odd) because even the front can stand to loose a couple of stitches and the 3 lace panels require that many stitches. Maybe I should change the whole front design altogether, with no lace? What I do know is that this panel looks good on the sleeve.

I'm feeling a little bit indecisive. What do you think?

No comments: