Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Just a slice

Hey gang,

Yesterday, I had my foot surgery. I've been walking on a non-union fracture for about 4 years, and even with a "bone-growth" stimulator and wearing a boot for 6 weeks 3.5 years ago, my doctor says that it was all for naught because when he went in to remove the outer metatarsal bone yesterday...it was just hanging there, not connected to anything but half of the tendon running next to it. Yeah, doing nothing put pulling on that tendon. The good news was just that though. It was an easy removal. He anchored the tendon to the good bone with a bone anchor and patched me back up.

...But, I have 19 month old twins, and it's hard just sitting there. I mean, half of the time they are getting into trouble: standing on top of chair recliners, couches, tables, etc. We planned it so that my MIL (whose a teacher finally off for the summer) could babysit during the day while I was off-duty.It's really lucky that she was able to help. My mother just found out several days ago that she has shingles!! Talk about joining the pain-club.

I was having trouble sleeping, again, and of course my brain was firing wild with new ideas...how to embellish a tanktop with knitting/crocheting for the 4th of July...making shawl pins...or how to make a home-made table weaving loom! I really, really am excited to get a head start on those, but oh yeah..I can't walk. Le sigh. However, I am working on a baby toy that was dreamt in my head a while ago, and It's half way into production. No photos yet on that, but I will take some soon of the building process.

The baby sweater has been put on hold for a bit. I think I'll pick it up again in couple of days. I was hurrying up to finish the Host, and the books Catching Fire and MockingJay that was due at the library today. How was your Mother's Day? or Memorial Day? I know I've been a little quiet after the pooping-out of my laptop (We haven't taken it to Best Buy yet to get fixed--hopefully fixed!). Ours was nice...visiting family, and..uh, buying a Kindle Fire for myself! :)

3 comments:

megan said...

Oh no! My ex had surgery on both of his feet (six months apart) within the last nine months, and he was on crutches for 7 weeks a piece, so I know how hard life becomes when you can't walk. :( Here's to a quick recovery! Sending good thoughts your way. :)

Florence said...

Praying you have a speedy recovery.

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Thank you!! :)