Monday, January 30, 2012

Modular Striped Vest:: finished

modular vest
It's been a very long week. Very long. Did I mention how it's been a long week? *Eugh* One of our worst nightmares was realized. Monday, Jacob got the stomach flu. Tuesday, he started getting better and then I, my husband and my other son Sam got the stomach flu. A very bad case. If you don't have kids, or if you've never had the "privilege" of having a gut-wrenching ailment while your child(ren) are sick-oh how completely helpless you feel- what an experience! There's nothing like not being able to get out of bed without blacking out while your child is that sick. We were VERY fortunate to live closely to our parents and to have them risk their own health to take care of the young'ins. I don't know how we could have taken care of them.

But, anyways. Here we are in the present. The boys are pretty much back to normal one week later, and I have finished the Vest.
modular vest
Weaving in ends...quel nightmare. Wasn't looking forward to doing it. Eventually, I lost count while sewing.
modular vest


Pattern
: Striped Modular Vest by Andra Knight-Bowman
Yarn: 4 skeins of Yarn treehouse "Daisy," in bulky and 1/3 skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride (heavily) worsted yarn in black.
Needles: US9 straights
Project started: December 28th(?) 2011
Project finished: January 29th, 2012
Modifications: arrangement of squares to form an "X," Crochet edging & for sewing, no collar, bottom edge with seed-stitch.


modular vest
Above, the back.
modular vest
The front.

The vest is a little large. I might even felt it a touch to get it to the size needed. We'll see.

2 comments:

Florence said...

very nice, i like the mitered squares

Madeleine said...

I love this! I'm a sucker for vests, and this is absolutely beautiful! :)