Saturday, September 24, 2011

BSJ 4

Another hibernating project down. Not long ago, there was a pile of 30 unfinished projects. Then I finished the Aestlight shawl, then the Morning glory shawl, and now the BSJ 4...I should be down to about 27 projects left to finish? *Chills*
Photobucket
My little Jakie is the model for the day (even though it will probably be Sam who will wear it since he is a little smaller). Such a cutie. He's sporting his 2 bottom teeth now for his photos.
Photobucket
This thing has almost been hibernating for 1 year. I started this October 21st 2010 (1 week before the boys were born. Prematurely.)
Photobucket
This BSJ is different from the last because it only has 2 yarns that are striping, but because the yarn's colorway does striping of its own, it does the work for me. The last one was a tangly mess while working with it.
Photobucket
I crocheted around the collar and to bind the sleeves together. I purposefully crocheted so that the wrong side faced the audience because it looked different. Fluffier. It meshed well with the garter stitch more in this particular project.
Photobucket

Project: EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket
Needles: size US6 circulars
Yarn: Paton's Kroy socks, 1 skein each of "Clay" and "Cadet" colorways
Project Started: Oct. 24th, 2010
Projected Finished: Sept. 24th, 2011

Photobucket
Here's a good picture of the yarn I worked with. I did about 4 rows per color.
Photobucket
Stunning cute results, in my book.
Photobucket
Jake's favorite "no-no" toy. When he is free to "roam about the cabin" (or house), he always crawls across the the living room, into the front entrance and into my music den to get at the guitar. He loves using his pointer finger to push buttons or strum in this case. It's really a good picture of this little boy who will probably end up being a guitarist, and not a pianist like mommy. Funny, he never goes for the piano pedals on the floor or anything else in that room but the guitar. And boy does he crawl like no tomorrow when you are chasing after him when he's heading that way. lol. I'm thinking about buying him a kiddy guitar for his 1st birthday. Can you believe it, the boys will be turning 1 in about a month?
Photobucket
I'm just gonna leave you guys with this last pic. What a close call, wouldn't you say? Let's not cut it soo close next time...

No comments: