Thursday, August 11, 2011

Amore Shawl update

Just reporting in on the Amore Shawl that I brought out of hibernation this month.


amore shawl
I've been clicking away row by row as I get a spare second. And I mean "second." I am about 2/3 done with the main panel, and I'm hoping to complete the body of the shawl this week (assuming that I can get some family "babysitters" during our annual reunion coming up this week). I still have to design the lacey edging, but I'm trying not to rush the idea...and to just visualize what would compliment lacey hearts as I come to the homestretch.


amore shawl
This bad boy needs to soak more desperately than the last shawl to really pull the heart back into shape in the places where the yarn ziggies (yup, made-up word. Meaning: where the yarn pulls funkily out of shape almost zig-zag like).

If your an longtime reader of this blog, you are probably noticing that I've used this lacey pattern before for my wedding shrug from '09. I was on some bobble kick. I have a sock pattern too that has a lacey heart and bobbles, called "candied love" socks. What can I say, I liked the texture of them, and since I hibernated the WIP, I have to continue what I started. Besides, this shawl has sentimental value, which I'll go more into length in the final post of the shawl. But for more, here's some more juicy red fruit for your eyes:


amore shawl

1 comment:

knittingdragonflies said...

I love the pattern and the color! Can't wait to see the finished project. I have several shawls that are resting also. LOL
vicki