Friday, January 01, 2010

Uncovering some dirty secrets

wips


2010 is all about changes. It's the birth of another year, and I, like many are trying to set a new pace for my own good. This is going to be somewhat of an embarrassing post, but it's for the good of all knit-kind, and for the good of my own sanity. This post is about "dehibernating" those many, many projects. In the process, I got rid of the hold, oo-ed and ahh-ed at the forgotten, and reminisced at the old days (college).

Ok, I'm going to tell you my dirty little secret. After frogging TEN projects, I still have TWENTY-FIVE TWENTY-EIGHT projects in the works!! Please excuse the boring background.
wips numbererd
Projects, with the year it was started:

1. a Bears pillow ('09--this was supposed to be for my grandfather while he was stuck in the hospital)
2. a market bag ('09)
3. a pair of ribbed socks ('09)
4. a single Hawkeye ribbed socks ('09)
5. a "Carnival" sock ('09)
6. my long forgotten "Rippled Reading Afghan" ('o7!)
7. another "Rippled Reading Afghan" with only 2 colors ('07)
8. a raglan (my "Lana Lang" raglan that I though about soph. year of college) ('08)
9. a baby cardi ("Sweet as Candy") ('07!)
10. a baby cardi ('09)
11. a purled tunic ('8)
12. a lavender LT sweater ('08)
13. a cropped sweater ('09)
14. my "Kahlan" raglan tee ('07!)
15. a hat for Joe ('08)
16. a hat for me ('09)
17. my "Frozen River" hat ('09--but currently being worked on)
18. another "Unique Basketweave" Washcloth ('09)
19. a multi-colored scarf ('07)
20. a ribbed scarf with circle-icord edging ('05!!!?)
21. a shawl ('09--most recently started shawl)
22. a shawl ('08--yarn from Stitches Midwest)
23. a "cabin Shawl" ('06 or '07 maybe--my first shawl)
24. a lacy heart shawl ('08--this makes me really sad now, because of my grandfather who passed away...I started this in the hospital waiting room when his troubles first started. I also knit some of this when Joe and I went to the Dells)
25. the "Aestlight Shawl" ('09--memories of my honeymoon)

Not shown:
26. Mohair shawl
27. Joe's Cubs blanket
28. Pink LT rib socks

Obviously, you see my dilemma. Startitis has bitten me over the years, and it's no wonder why there aren't more projects posted when I was indeed putting hours into these dozens of projects.

So, in hopes to continue working on these projects, I have started a KAL for everyone wanting to dig our projects out of our closets, baskets, beds, couches, or wherever they are stashed and forgotten about...to get them finished up!

This KAL isn't just for knitters, so tell your knitter, crocheter, sewer, or any crafter friend who has neglected their projects just like me!! Spred the word and use this KAL button for your blog (can be found on my sidebar) to link yourself to the KAL. HINT: on blogger, go to "customize," then click on "add a gadget," click on "picture," save and upload the button from my sidebar and add ( http://www.missiondehibernation2010.blogspot.com/) to the "link" box, and push "Save."

Write your email address in the comment box below to join, or email me at knittingupastormATgmailDOTcom so I can add you as one of the publishers on the KAL blog.

dehibernation kal

New Years

I hope you had a fun and safe New Years Eve & day. Mine was definitely loud and eventful.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Ha ha, I love this post! That picture of all your works in progress is so funny. I like the goal of dehibernating projects - I think I will try to join you. I also need to dehibernate myself in the winter, as a personal goal. It's so easy to just curl up at home all the time.

Dragonquillca said...

I'm with you!
dragonquillca@gmail.com
I too, pledge here and now, to finish those projects left forgotten in my WIP bin. I promise to frog those that are not working, finish and donate those I no longer want, rip back those that are now too small for growing children....
I shall complete these!

Thank you for being the shot of ambition I apparently needed.
Now if we can just keep this momentum...

Squirrel said...

Hahahaha! Now I don't feel so bad. However I do still need to find some of my dehibernating projects. The shame.