Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Socks & books: crack for knitters

Have you ever felt like glaciers retreat faster than your WIPs grow?

Granted, I haven't been working on this sock regularly, and I might as well be working with laceweight yarn, but I did start it in December.

Actually, I been feeling like all I do is frog-frog-frog. I've started and ripped out 3 hats in a row. That should be some sort of record. Who ever said "practice makes perfect" clearly didn't waste hours of their life knitting and ripping hats out. Otherwise, they would have said, "just buy it."

I'm actually feeling a little under the weather today. I have a sore throat and couldn't sleep until 5am. I've still gotta dig into my linguistics assignment that's due at 6, go to my 2.5 hour class tonight and come home and study my hinney off for the Earth Systems exam (that I'm screwed for) tomorrow. *sigh* It's going to be a long day.

But... let's end postive! I went back to the LYS yesterday, and Joe bought me three skeins! (Well, it wasn't that random. He got the "hint hint" and drew on my jacket design.) What a guy. The guitar store is located next door, which is really amusing. Me=knitter Joe=guitarist Us=connect at the hip.

You're looking at Malabrigo in "Cactus Flower" and di.ve Zenith, which will be made into a short cardigan (for my tanktops)that ends before the belly button. I'm thinking something lacey, with LT ribbing, and has a couple of buttons. The official design is still bubbling around in my head.
The yarn is really soft and squishy... I can't wait to knit with it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the Yarn!

Ilix said...

Awww what a great guy.... he takes direction well! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.